Sunday, September 7, 2014

           Thursday September 4th, 2014, Sophomore year at CMR Great Falls, MT. I am so excited, yet nervous. I am going back to school today! The freshmen and new students have to be at the school by 8:05, but I am a sophomore. I have to be at school by 12:15. My friends and I are going to Subway first for lunch. The wait seems to take forever, but then I finally get to school and I am so excited! Today is a shortened school day, so there are only 15 minute classes. Nothing super exciting. Just getting to all of your classes, meeting your teachers, and talking about what you will be doing in class that year. The real exciting stuff is the second day of school.
       
            Friday September 5th. I wake up at 5:15. My friend picks me up at 5:50 and we head to my church for a class at 6 am (you don't have to go, I just like to. And since I have a 7am class, I go at 6am.). After that, we get to school. The first full day! I start off in my 7am MT Government class. My teacher tells us what we will learn about and what we need for that class, and then he leaves and we watch a movie on General Custer. Luckily we got to leave right as I was falling asleep (I don't like watching educational movies in class. Maybe Disney or Harry Potter though!). I then went to my 1st period: English. It was pretty fun! The teacher already knows my name (He has a son with the same name) and I think he likes me, which is always good! We talked about the school year, went to get our English books, then he showed us a music video. then it was time for 2nd period: Biology. I have always liked Biology and I was super excited for this years class! We talked about some projects that we would do, our different learning types, and then we switched seats because almost every single person in our class is a Kinesthetic learner (except for me and a few others) and our teacher said it will help us pay more attention.

           After Bio came my 3rd period: Graphic Design. We talked about what we needed for class and then had an activity about respect. Then came 4th period: Chanteur Choir. This is the class I am most nervous for. I walk in and there are all of these kids who already know each other. They are all so happy and having so much fun. I just walk to my seat and sit down. I don't really know a whole bunch of people in here, but the ones I do know are busy talking to their friends. I have dreamed of being in this choir since I was in middle school, and I made it! The bell rang and everyone went to their seats. Mrs. R came out and we did a warm up, it sounded like angels singing in that room. I was amazed. Then we sang happy birthday to 2 people and people started standing on their chairs and they sang this crazy birthday song that kind of made me have a mini heart attack. We got our folders and music then the guys went out to practice while the girls started with their choir dress. After that came lunch. I had a bag of Gardettos, Doritos, and a Sobe. I just talked with some friends and we discussed our classes, how our day went, and our teachers.

         I start after lunch with my 5th period: Geometry. It was pretty fun. The teacher is super nice! We talked about emergency situations, practiced the fire drill, did a get to know you activity for the teacher, and then worked on our Geometry homework (which I finished that day!) After geometry was my crazy 6th period: Spanish! Patrona is our crazy, fun loving, and extremely hyper teacher! Everyone loves Patrona! The whole time we talked about our opportunities to use spanish and how it can help us. Then, the last period of the day: Painting. I have this class with 3 of my best friends and we all sit at the same table. We talked about what we will do this year, what we will need, and got our spots to put our art supplies. Then, the bell rang. I was so excited, not to go home, but to start another week of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment